Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 or Faulty Graphics card?

• Please log in to reply

Hobojoe

Hobojoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ive been having some trouble with Call of Duty2, when i play online i only get a maximum of 24 FPS, sometimes only 11 ! :tazz:

i have a nvidia 6800 and ive only had it a year and if im honest it hasnt run other games such as battlefield 2 etc , ive asked around and no1 knows i have a feeling that it is my graphics card playing up. Any more info will be appreciated :)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Give us your full specs, do you have all the drivers updated, and if the 6800 was an upgrade to a previous card you might want to try running driver cleaner then reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
After that check the video settings in the game. Make shure anti alias is not all the way up. Try it at 2x if it is already put it to off.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah which model of 6800 is it, if it is one of those LE cards i wouldnt expect to much of it running games at high settings but the GT or ultra shouldnt be having to much of a problem.