Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

whats up?......no viruses, but things are still acting up

• Please log in to reply

chris munro

chris munro

• Pip
  • 8 posts
hey guys,
ive already tried the maleware forum, and got a clean report. however, im still having various problems, the worst of which is my itunes application refuses to open! :tazz: As a student, my laptop is really only used for music and typing essays, so this is really important. im not sure what to do first to help you guys out...but i did download like 3 of the registry scanner/fixer programs on the site.
Thanx, Chris

Advertisements

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
what error do you recieve when Itunes wont open?

chris munro

chris munro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
the "error" is.........there is no error! nuthing pops up... :) ....right clicking on it, pressing enter, using different places to start it from (tried its source, all the shortcuts ect...) its just totally non-responsive. and when i shut down, there is usually and "end program now" box that comes up saying that "this program is non-responsive, do you want to end now?" and the icon is the one associated with itunes, but it doesnt actually say itunes, just some random letters and characters. its really hard to explain, but the bottom line is, something is really messed up. sorry for such an ambiguous explanation, its the best i can do! haha
-Chris :tazz:

Edited by chris munro, 11 December 2005 - 12:16 PM.

Avohir

Avohir

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 1,002 posts
have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it?

chris munro

chris munro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
yesyesyes......ive tried that many times.....unistalled via the add-remove thingy on the control panel, downloaded and reinstalled about 3-4 times. what i did notice though, is that after i "uninstalled" it, there were still many files having to do with itunes remaining. upon trying to delete them, a few gave me problems, not allowing me to delete them.....that is when i went to the virus forum, thinking that it was simply some virus posing as itunes, but alas.....im here. when i downloaded and ran the registry checks, they apparently found many issues with my comps registry, but with the trial version they could only repair a few. do you think that may be the prob? who knows....thats why im here....haha
thanx, -Chris
(being a poor student, i cannot really afford to buy and register the programs mentioned above. so ANY help is awsome! :tazz:, for good measure, ill try to unistall and redo it again )