Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

running Xp and thanks to Murray

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

everyjules

everyjules

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, I successfully installed Xp...thank you Murray for your help. I did it just how you said and it went just fine...so thanks alot...Everything seems to be running good, but I can't play any games on sites like Yahoo at all. It will show everything on the page except the game itself...did I do something wrong or did I forget to do something and how do I get it to where Ican play games?...Thanks again...Julie

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Do the sites mention, flash player, shockwave or Java

everyjules

everyjules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
No, they don't mention anything like I know they should. I have waited and given it time to pop up also. All it gives me is a white screen where the game SHOULD be and a small, red x in the upper left hand corner. I have even clicked on the "if applet fails to load, click here after 3 minutes" and still I get nothing...Any ideas?...Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can install those anyway, if you haven't already

Have you got a link to any of the sites where you are unable to load the games etc

everyjules

everyjules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
How do I go ahead and install them?...Not a clue how to do that or the first place to look for them. Yahoo is where I play all my games at, if that is what you are wanting to know...thnx

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for Java

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

For Flash Player

http://www.filehippo...flashplayer_ie/

For Shockwave

http://www.macromedi...hockwaveplayer/

I was going to try one of the sites to see what happens

everyjules

everyjules

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OK Keith...I am in the process of downloading Java...I will let you know how it goes and thanks for all your help.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Yes I had this problem myself after my format last year. This where I learned XP home isn't packed with JAVA automatically

just go to the www.java.com and download it, like keith said. Yahoo games runs all on java.

After this you should be playing ur head off :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed: See This Thread

Murray