Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BattleField2 Computer requirements

• Please log in to reply

FinalFantasy10

FinalFantasy10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask you guys if my computer is good enough to play BattleField 2. I want the game to have good graphics and no lack at all. The specs for my current computer now is listed below. I want to spend about $200 to upgrade the graphics card and some RAM. Please reply and let me know what you guys recomment.

Also don't the RAM affects the game performance or just the Totel Memory in the Graphics Card??? :tazz: :)

Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80Ghz
2.79GHz, 512 MB of RAM
VideoCard:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Total Memory:256.0MB
Sound: Realtek AC97 Audio

THANK YOU GUYS!!! :woot: :P :)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
200 bucks short of some miracle isnt going to get BF2 to run at max settings with no lag, a good gfx card and some more ram might make it a little better though.

FinalFantasy10

FinalFantasy10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

200 bucks short of some miracle isnt going to get BF2 to run at max settings with no lag, a good gfx card and some more ram might make it a little better though.

Thanks for the tip warriorscot. However, what do you recomment (like brand and amount of memory and RAM) should I purchase and maybe the price range??? Thanks so much for the help!!! :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if you want it to play on max settings with no lag you are looking at at least 1 gig of ram 2 preferably, a new CPU, a 6800ultra or x850 xt pe gfx card assuming you have an AGP 8x slot and you will probably need to improve your cooling on the PC. But you also might hve to upgrade the motherboard, you really would be as well getting a whole new system if you want yourself an uber gaming rig, somewhere between 600 and a 100 bucks for a cheapish one.

The colonel in this post http://www.geekstogo...rts-t83688.html is building a new system for 650 that would play BF2 on full, although some extra RAM of a better quality wouldnt hurt BF2 ideally wants 2 gigs but it does run fine on 1gig of good quality ram

Comrade general http://www.geekstogo...ion-t83795.html
is building a more expensive system at about 1150 with a much faster cpu but it would also run BF2 very well.

Those are a couple of examples from today of what you can put together.

You can improve how it will run on your system by putting another 500 to 600 into that PC if you are lucky but you are as well starting fresh components are pretty cheap at the moment from the speed of the CPU im guesin its a 478 so you would more than likely need a new mobo to upgrade it.

If you want to get into serious gaming you would be best saving up and start building a new PC for gaming.