Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lost Yahoo mail

Mail

• Please log in to reply

Barb L

Barb L

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am a new member and don't know if this is an appropriate question, but I have searched various Yahoo help sites and they tell how to retrieve old mail if you have lost one or two, which is not my question: why are they disappearing in the first place?

I have used Yahoo mail via my Frontier carrier for several years. In the past few months, I cannot recall or re-open old mail. I might receive an email that opens normally from my inbox. A few days or weeks later, when I want to look it up, it is gone. For example, if I know the date I received it, when I search for that date, it does not appear. There may be 1 or 2 other messages from that date, but not all. The search result may skip several days/weeks/months of mail. For example, it may show only a few recent emails, then show ones from last year. The missing ones are not in the trash. If I do not know a date for the mail I want and do word search for the mail the same thing happens. A few come up showing the topic, some recent, some from long ago, but not the one I want. Why is this happening? I did not have this problem until about 8-9 months ago. Where are they going? If I cannot retrieve them, I would just like to know what is going on. Could it have something to do with a Mac version update?

The attached screen shot shows how my inbox looks, show ing some mail from April, then it skips to last year.Inbox.png

I use a MacPro/Ventura 13.6.6 with Safari.

Advertisements