Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply

BVann89

BVann89

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello, I've been having a problem with my audio device. The other day, my brother was messing around in MSConfig, disabling certain programs in order for my boot to be quicker. Now there is no audio device detected, but the actual soundcard itself is detected, because I ran a diagnostics. I have a Creative Soundblaster Live. If anyone could help me that would be great.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type msconfig then press enter, click start up, tick any creative entries, click apply, reboot

BVann89

BVann89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Ok, well that didn't work. I'll tell you what I've tryed so far.
1. I've tried enabling all programs in msconfig, making sure not to leave out any Creative stuff.
2. I've tried reinstalling the Creative driver (uninstalled/reinstalled)
3. I've opened up my PC removed my sound card then put it back
4. System restore
NONE worked!
My computer is detecting the hardware, but there are no audio devices.
What else could I try?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try a different PCI slot and check to make sure the system didn't default to "Mute" in the Audio Panel when the device was removed. You have to enable the onboard sound and reinstall those drivers to use that, too.

BVann89

BVann89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I know that PCI slot works, its been working for over 2 years. Also, I cannot access volume control, but I can go to sound devices, but it says that there is no audio device found something else that is very strange just now. I opened up my device manager, and there is nothing in it,(its all blank) like usually there are a bunch of menus and stuff but now its just blank? Also when I try to click Add Hardware in control panel, absolutely nothing happens! This is wacked out. Any suggestions, I really don't think its a virus even though it may sound like it, b/c this happened right after my brother was messing around in ms config.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run msconfig, put the dot in normal start up, click apply then reboot

Check device manager if no change, check here

http://www.geekstogo...er--t84348.html