Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Teamspeak screwed up my network

• Please log in to reply

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
I have 3 computer wired network with a netgear router. All 3 computers have XP home(2 have sp2 3rd has SP2)

My network was working fine prior to my installation of teamspeak. After I installed the server and client on my pc, and the client on the pc with sp1, my computer no longer recognized the computer that has sp1. It says the network is connected, but I cannot ping the computer with sp1 from either of the other computers. I ran the network set up wizard on all the computers and still I cannot ping or share files. however I still have connectivity with my other pc that I did not install teamspeak on.
I uninstalled teamspeak and even ran system restore on both computers that I installed teamspeak on. But it still doesn't work. A friend said teamspeak didn't cause it, but It was working fine until I installed it, and I did nothing else to any of the computers on the network. So it seems to me that it has to have cause it. I really need to get my network up and running and I would appreciate some help. :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
on the two offending machines do start > run > ipconfig /all and post the results

Andybikecrazy

Andybikecrazy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
problem solved... somehow my NIC came out of its slot....

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that does tend to make networking difficult