Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant access certain sites? slow?

• Please log in to reply

luthorcorp

luthorcorp

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all. Id like to take you to the following thread on another site as I this finally led me to the solution of my problem with not being able to access certain sites using a client machine where the host can access any. Hopefully it will help others who cant find the solution. The fix is posted by a guy called Eduardo Seabra and is the second-to-last post.

http://computing.net...orum/14598.html

On a seperate issue, my computer has been so slow for as long as I can remember and i've tried all kinds of suggestions from people on forums such as this one including posting various hijack this logs and running all kinds of spyware scans etc, which didn't ever help.

Well my computer is now running SO much faster! My dad done two things to my machine. Im not sure which one played the main role though.

Firstly he installed and ran a program called 'advanced windows care'.

The other thing he done was what i think played the major role. He stumbled across a site run be a 'networking expert' who suggested changeing lots of various settings on the network on both computers. Unfortunately i dont know what ones but hopefully this thread will inspire other computer wizards to step up and make it common knowledge and be specific about whcih setting to change to what and how to find them, etc, as tampering with the network settings was NEVER suggested to me as a way to speed up my pc!

Either way it is running pretty quickly now. Like a new PC.

HTH someone.

Luthor

Edited by luthorcorp, 12 December 2005 - 04:51 PM.

Advertisements