Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing in Domain

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
the HR manager for our company is working from home and is using Citrix to access our domain. she is logged in and trying to access an excel file on her network "home" folder, but it is telling her that the folder is in use by ME! and only allowing her read-only access to it. the file is most definately not in use by me, but she continues to get this message. does anyone know how to "free" the file up so that she can have full access to it again?

Thanks in advance, any ideas would be greatly appreciated :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to the server that the file is located on...right click on my computer then do manage, there should be a selection on the left side called shared folders...open that...now you should see one called open files...open that and see if the file in question is in there...if it is...right click it and choose close file...or something to that effect.