Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help fixing up laptop

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hey guys.

AS you probably know, I am quite expierienced in the PC field. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for laptops.

SO, I need your help.

I am recieving an old laptop with a cracked screen and no battery for free.

I was wondering, can I get a new screen and could any of you recommend the longest lasting battery you know?

It would be much appreciated m8s.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,575 posts
You can get replacement LCD displays, but generally the cost is quite high and since you mention that it is an old machine, I doubt that it would be worth it. The best bet is to see if you can find another machine of the same type and see if you can use the good parts of each, but even that is a lot of work in trying to replace the parts as those machines are not easy to work on.