Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Audio Device

• Please log in to reply

Dux

Dux

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I know someone already has a thread about this going today but I'm not sure I have the same exact problem.

I recently bought Sound Blaster Live 24 and my computer recognized the new hardware and installed the drivers and everything. But in control panel under sounds and audio devices it is still showing NO AUDIO DEVICE. No matter what I do, take the card out and reinstall everything....I still get no audio device.
Now when I try to play an mp3 in winamp I get a no audio device message, but if I go into preferences there and set it to use Sound Blaster Live 24 instead of "primary sound device" my Winamp will actually work and I will get sound. I still cannot get any systems sounds/sounds through my browser, or even Media Player. Please help me with getting my computer to see an audio device :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You may need to get into your bios and check the settings for audio there. Check your system or motherboard documentation for details on access to the bios. One of the most common is to press the delete key during bootup.

Dux

Dux

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I have checked my bios and disabled where it says "audio device" under the features screen. Still having the same problem :tazz: