Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Controlling Print Quality

• Please log in to reply

roppongi

roppongi

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I am running an E-Machine, Windows XP, with an HP Deskjet 722C printer.

When word processing I use Corel Word Perfect.

I am quite aggravated that when printing I am sometimes given no option to print in 'draft quality' but am forced to use slow and ink-consuming top quality mode.

Furthermore, I am mystified that I am sometimes given the choice of printing modes and sometimes I am not given any choice.

This evening, trying to print out materials typed on word processor, I am only given the choice of printing or not printing. Unless I am losing my mind, I have been able to print this in 'draft quality' before.

What is controlling print quality....how can I get some control over this process??

Any help appreciated. Plain English please...I am not technical. I can turn this machine on and off...that's about it. Many thanks! Jim

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
When you press file then print, do you have preferences / printer preferences, if so you can change it there, though changes here will usually apply only to the current document and the print settings will revert when you stop using the printer

To make permanent changes, click start, control panel, printers and other hardware, printers and faxes, right click the printer, click preferences, click apply if you change anything

roppongi

roppongi

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thanks Keith! I appreciate the help.

ps. Man, this site is the devil to navigate. Everytime I come here, it takes me 5-6 minutes to find how to post or respond to someone's help.

This time I used the 'search' feature to find my post through key words. Am I doing that the hard way??