Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trend Micro Housecall Spyware Removal

• Please log in to reply

periwinkle

periwinkle

• PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
I have been using the Trend Micro Housecall Spyware Removal utility for several months, but I recently tried to run a scan (over the last few days), and discovered that I keep getting a blank page. The scan does not load.

I have had a problem with this free scan page in the past, when they changed something and I had to bookmark a new page to make the scan work. However, I was able to load the scan and it worked fine after that. This time, I'm just getting a blank page. This is the URL: Housecall.

I have attached a screenshot. I don't know how to include it in the body of this text.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://us.trendmicro...call/v6.5/?us=2

If you continue to get a blank page

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

periwinkle

periwinkle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
Thanks, for the help with the alternate Trend Micro site, but I got the exact same response as I did for the U.S. site. Perhaps it will work in a few days...I haven't had any need to use the Hijack this Log, since my homepage hasn't changed nor have "things" been put into my browser toolbar. I just like to do spyware scans about once every couple of days. I always find a few spywares after a few days. I found that my PC runs 1,000x better than before I began this practice of running antispyware. I even installed the MS Beta Antispyware, but found it seriously inferior to Trend Micro. MS Antispyware never finds anything, while Housecall finds always finds something.

I have to say thanks to Geeks to Go, I didn't have to reformat my hard drive!!! You guys/gals are the greatest!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run this to check for invalid Active X and COM errors

Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor