Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my screen

• Please log in to reply

jo mcanaly

jo mcanaly

• Pip
  • 7 posts
My screen has gone different. Now it looks like im in safe mode well maybe the image is a little better .

My screen went black then i hit ctrl,alt,delete and turned off and now i have a differenbt screen :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi jo mcanaly...

Have you tried changing the resolution and color depth in display properties?

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 13 December 2005 - 12:40 AM.

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Have you had a recent Windows Update? This happened to me after a failed update. The only thing that would fix it was to remove it. Still haven't figured out how a "failed" update needed to be removed from add/remove.

jo mcanaly

jo mcanaly

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi jo mcanaly...

Have you tried changing the resolution and color depth in display properties?

wannabe1

I changed res and colour and now am close to what i had before. Iv'e run all sorts of scans and appear to have no bugs. I was real slow for a while then realised that the ewido was in epic struggle wit Zone alarm so i turned ewido off . Only got it because Geeks site recommended it. I will ccheck back in if things asre still odd.
Joe