Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Enterprise 2003 and Exchange 2003

• Please log in to reply

jrm-hosting

jrm-hosting

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hey Gang I need some help. I have remove exchange 2003 and trying to reinstall. I can't get pass the first step is the forestprep. Everytime I try to install it I get this error message:

The Component "Microsoft Exchange Forest Preparation" cannot be assigned the aciton "ForestPrep" because: -To install the first exchange server in domain, or to run setup in "/ForestPrep" mode, you must be an exchange full adminsitrator at the Organization level. You must use an account that has been granted the full exchange administrator role on the exchange organiztaion using the Exchange administraticve Delegation Wizard.

The problem is I have administrator's right to all the system on the network and yes I have Full exchange Administrator role.

Can someone please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I suspect you are already done with this, this being so old, but if you hadn't here is a post elsewhere to help you out (rather than me retyping it, I will just give you a link)

Exchange is not one of my areas of expertise, I'm afraid, but this sounds like the solution from what I know

http://forums.msexch...00392660/tm.htm