Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gamemaker help

• Please log in to reply

lightninghog

lightninghog

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know of any websites with tutorials for making platform games with GameMaker 6.
I downloaded it at www.gamemaker.nl and have tried the tutorials there but i cant seem to make any progress

Im trying to make a sonic the hedgehog clone starring my avatar but im not exactly the best programmer
and would appreciate any help or links to tutorials

Thanx

Advertisements

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I think your project is a little too adventurous for your first time, you might want to get to grips with the software before making something as complicated as a platformer.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've you looked at the tutorials that are listed on the Game Maker site? or have you asked in their forum?

Tutorial page

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Platformers arent the kind of thing you want to do in something like game maker i would learn flash or java if you want to make games.(useful things to learn and something employers look for as a general skill, they dont look for gamemaker experience.) Start simple and work out aim for a simple card game then move up to something like the chip games or something tetris style.