Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trying to run a game on my laptop

• Please log in to reply

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I have a laptop and i want to play FF11 on it but my video adapter's drivers cant handle it. I have 64 megs of integrated video. Is there anyway at all i can get this game to work...maybe trick the comp into thinking it has a better video adapter?

Advertisements

Ryan.

Ryan.

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
The one problem with laptops you can't really upgrade them. To change your intergrated cideo you would need a new laptop :tazz: I'm 99.9999999% there is no such thing as a pcima card for video. As for tricking your computer maybe there is a hack for it but if so the game would be very choppy.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
with 64 megs of video memory...it's not gonna happen

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
I used to play guild wars on it and i play other free mmo's and the video is fine im sure that ff11 will work fine too if it would just try instead of telling me i dont have the right hardware.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do you have the box that ff11 came in?

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
yeah, it requires a 32 meg video adapter... the drivers for the intel based video chipset doesnt run the game i just wanna hack it so i can. I know there are some things out there that do this cuz i've done it before but i cant seem to find anything

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
everything that i'm seeing through my research...claims that your card is not supported..and is not capable of the proper graphics settings...

noobtech

noobtech

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
yeah unfortunately thats what i thought, thanks for trying to help though