Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless and Wired Network

• Please log in to reply

mattblue

mattblue

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
OK follow this.... I have a DLink 713P wireless router. I have two wireless connections that are functioning, but when I plug in a wired connection to my Broadcomm 4400 ethernet adapter I can not connect to the internet. I do not even get a valid IP address. I am using Optonline in CT. Can anyone help me here. I even purchased a new wireless router and it would not even work. Thanks

Advertisements

Doorslam

Doorslam

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Maybe its your Broadcom adapter? Its doubtful two routers would be bad. Do you have another ethernet card you could replace it with? Are your two wireless connections coming from a laptop? If so, I would try plugging in a network cable from the laptop to the router and see if you can get an IP.

Also, you don't have anything on the router to only allow a certain number of connections or certain MAC addresses do you?

Athlon64

Athlon64

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Sounds like you may have to configure each connections IP addresses independently, I had this problem before, and it was caused by windows looking to the wrong connection for internet connection and so on.