Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registery Files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

chazcopsey

chazcopsey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, erm i just got the 2003 version of Microsoft Office and it requires me to register, i have tried online registration and i have tried ringing them to register but both ttimes it says my serial number is already being used.It allows me to use office 50 times before it has to register, after 50 times it will stop working. I was wondering if anyone knows how to change the registery key to alter the number of times office has been used, or how to alter it so that it no loger requres registration. Any help would be much appriciated.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where did you get your version of office?

chazcopsey

chazcopsey

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got it brand new as an update for old versions of office from my freind.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
there's the problem..you got it from your friend...which means you didn't buy it...which mean's he already used it...hence the "already in use" deal....sorry..but we won't be able to help you as this would violate our TOS..

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If you bought this, you might want to tell your friend to uninstall it, or you can get him to pay you for it.

Either way its a copyrite thing that we wont get into. If it says its being used, then it is and there is nothing that we can do to help you with it.

ScHwErV :tazz: