1. If you do not have the original setup disk, or a correct version copy, then you had better get one, otherwise your efforts will be for naught...do sfc_/scannow from the Start>cmd>DOS window
2. if you can burn all important files to disk, so that, if you have to reinstall a repair copy or reformat, it will be a quick process with no worries...hopefully you won't...
3. Let's review: can you make a list here re: what you cannot do, and what you can do...like Col. A and Col. B.
4. And make a list of the things you've tried, and which were a bit successful and which were a downright bust!
5. What maintence schedule do you follow and what do you do?
6. What 3rd party maintenance software do you use regularly?
7. Do you have a copy of TweakUI installed, and did you use it...what was the result? [it runs from the CrlPan]
That's enough for now...