Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Something is wrong with my PC, help!

• Please log in to reply

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Sounds like a major registry problem. Assuming that it is...

1. If you do not have the original setup disk, or a correct version copy, then you had better get one, otherwise your efforts will be for naught...do sfc_/scannow from the Start>cmd>DOS window

2. if you can burn all important files to disk, so that, if you have to reinstall a repair copy or reformat, it will be a quick process with no worries...hopefully you won't...

3. Let's review: can you make a list here re: what you cannot do, and what you can do...like Col. A and Col. B.

4. And make a list of the things you've tried, and which were a bit successful and which were a downright bust!

5. What maintence schedule do you follow and what do you do?

6. What 3rd party maintenance software do you use regularly?

7. Do you have a copy of TweakUI installed, and did you use it...what was the result? [it runs from the CrlPan]

That's enough for now... :whistling:

Advertisements

BSNCAPBYY

BSNCAPBYY

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I will do those things you said to but i got to finished the university first i am in the last weeks of it and i can consume my time fixing this problem, eventhoe its a mayor problem, i still can use internet, word and a few programs, if you can give me your email, and i will give you one as soon as i finish the university, than we can start and troubleshoot this problem, thanks for helping me, thanks

b1caez01

b1caez01

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Tap the wee envelope in the lower left corner by the red balloon of my field.