Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSG do you like it, how does it compare.

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you guys think about the new BSG compared to the old, thought i would ask with the next half of the series going to start next month.

I think its pretty good its very realistis unlike alot of sci fi, alot of it is plausible especially the technology. We can relate to it here, all the malware loving cylons in the depths of cyberspace, and we the brave colonials fighting to find a new home free of cylons.

The whole more women in it thing kinda weird, you know starbuck aint quite the same with breasts, but it isnt as bad as i thought and apollo now is much more interesting he was always just that little bit to much the good guy in the old series, now he is a much darker hero, and adama wow hes good now, adama was always boring not now.

In general visual effects are much better and acting and direction has improved along with the script, i will always love the old one but wow the new ones are great as well.

Advertisements

cherilynn

cherilynn

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I love this new Battle Star Galatica! At first though I got very tired of the imaginary blonde, but I have since cottened to the need to have her. The new BSG is so edgy. The whole series is just sci fi at its best.

I am counting the days until the new season starts!

cheri :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I thought i was alon in my enjoyment of the BSG, yeah it is much mroe edgy and modern it takes cliffhanger endings to new heights what an ending to that last half series, WOW i just hate having to wait until january. (i have to download the episodes because knowone in the UK has bought BSG to be aired i would have though sky one would have because they have SG and showed the feature BSG but nope.

Adama is much better in this BSG hes a much more real person, that seems to be the difference everything is much more real, and you get the whole father son dynamic between them as well as the idealistic youth and the practical hardened father, Ach its just great.

Was uneasy that boomer and starbuck were women but its worked out, i was kinda put off by imaginarey cylon women but you warm to her.

The Architect

The Architect

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
As a huge fan of the original BSG, I have to say that the new version is totally superior.
It's much more realistic (and that to me is hugely important in Sci-Fi - the best stories, whether on TV or in print, are the ones that make you BELIEVE that this stuff is actually possible), the acting and direction are much more solid, and the show looks like it actually has a future!

I really miss Lucifer, though!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its much more beliavable, im pretty well trained along the air force lines and its hard for me to pick major flaws with the military operation, even the design of the ship itself is unique as it is like a real ship would be, i love startrek but the ships are totally inplausible.

Its so good, but that seems to be a death nell for excellent sci fi, look at firefly it was excellent and they cancelled it, look how well the movie did and they still arent going to bring it back.

I hope it stays on air, it really is escellent, you are right about the direction the old one had quite good for the time but it is much better know, its so good because its of a film quality all the time, its amazing.

Apollo is a much stronger character this time i like it hes the incorruptable hero, but he doesnt mind getting his hands dirty.
The best thing is its only half way through the second series still plenty time for new characters like a lucifer, the cyclons are much more a mysterious entity in this new series keeps a bit of interest in the going you see there nature a bit at a time and thats great.