Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removal problem

• Please log in to reply

brady12

brady12

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I run spybot search and destroy it comes up Smitfraud-C and the description is registry change. When I try to remove it it comes up error that it is in the memory and to restart my computer and that does absolutely nothing . Any ideas?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi brady12! Welcome to G2G!

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Fenor

brady12

brady12

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I ran a global scanning from adware away and I removed 2 trojans and 4 malware objects. I ran the ss&d and Smitfraud_C still comes up. I have avg and have ran that and nothing comes up. I do windows,adware,ss&d and avg updates regular.When I click on smitfraud it shows HKEY_USERS and the entry also shows registry change.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Like I said in my previous post, if you are still having problems after doing all of the self-help tools, then please post a HijackThis log in the Malware Forum.

Fenor

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Suggest you take Fenor's advice.. BOTH of you!!

Murray

Edit: Sorry. :-)

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 16 December 2005 - 04:24 AM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
brady12,

Please DO NOT run the tool suggested by spike_hacker_inc. ONLY USE THESE PROGRAMS WHEN TOLD TO BY A MALWARE EXPERT. USING PROGRAMS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT WITHOUT THE PROPER GUIDANCE WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS ON YOUR SYSTEM.

spike_hacker_inc,

Please DO NOT post any more malware related links in the OS forum. You are only a Geek In Training, and therefore do not have the knowledge and know-how on what these programs really do and how they work.

Fenor