Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU Maxing out

• Please log in to reply

Platonium

Platonium

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi well i have 512 ddr wich isnt much but only have 2 games installed on a 160 gig hard drive which is brand new and only just put xp on it 1 week ago. Ok well every time i go to play my game Delta force black hawk down my cpu usage goes to 100% and stays on it hence my pc runs slow and laggy. Is there any way to fix this problem??

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
CPU runs at 100%
14th Dec-2005

Hello – Welcome to G2G –

1st thing that usually causes this is [Malware] – I see that you have an [Open Post] - Inquiring about a possible Virus inspection –

You should wait until a [Malware Expert] from that [Forum] gives you a [Clean PC] before We can help you in this Forum – [Hardware – Component – Peripherals] – They should be able to help you within 3 days –

Note –

Check the Temperature of CPU – This will cause CPU to run at 100% also – If your Computer is 1 year or older – this could be your problem - If you need a [Temperature Monitor] – Download the – FREE – Home Edition of [EVEREST] – at - http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

Run [Everest] – Open [Sensors] Folder to monitor [Temperatures] – [Fan Speeds] – [Voltages] –

Do not add to your original post in the [Malware] Forum – this will only add to the wait time –

Jack123

Platonium

Platonium

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks jack ill wait for the the help with my virus problems, also i think it might be my cpu heating up cause its farely old and i dont have ne fans in my pc only the heat sink on top of my cpu soo ill check into that .