Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Toshiba M45 powers on for a second then turns off instantly

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need a suggestion. I have a Toshiba M45 laptop and when I turn it on the led lights up for a few seconds and I hear the sound like the laptop is trying to boot from the harddrive then instantly it turns off by itself before anything can appear on the screen. Do you know what that can be? I have my suspicions about my roommate, because he went on a lot of [bleep] sites and not long after he did that this thing happened, so I was wondering if this could be some kind of a virus that would not allow to power on.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. Can you boot into safe mode? Press F8 as windows is booting up. Do you have a bootable cd, like your windows install cd or a bootable antivirus cd like norton perhaps? You may need to get into the bios to change the boot order to boot from CD first.