Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSU Connections

• Please log in to reply

Boz657

Boz657

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I had had some trouble with my PC freezing and not booting correctly which I believe I have traced to a dodgy PSU.
It would boot up ok but wouldn't load all of my task bar icons and the processor appeared to run at about 1/3 speed, confimed by doing some graphics benchmarks, whatever setting used in FEAR gave exact same results (I didn't have a reference 2D benchmark to compare).
Restarting the machine allowed it to boot the same way, but turning it off and turning the PSU power switch on and off and then rebooting allows it to boot OK and perform correctly.
If anyone has any other suggestions on this then please let me know.
Anyway, I've bought a nice new PSU, went to install it and my MOBO has a 20-pin connection, the PSU has a 24-pin. I've seen convertors for the opposite situation for people with new MOBO's and old PSU's which boost the 20 pins on the PSU to 24 pins. I would like to know if the opposite one is available, which would reduce the 24 pins on my PSU to 20 pins so I can attach it to my MOBO. I've searched the net and can't find anything. If anyone knows where you can get one - PLEASE post a link to it.
Thanks
Keith

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.tigerdire...T&CMP=KNC-GOOGL

Boz657

Boz657