Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cross browser problems

• Please log in to reply

Portucom

Portucom

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Building a site and im having problems with background image display in Firefox. for a simple explination i have a <div> on the page that carries a background image set to repeat vertically and cover 100% of the <div>.
Inside this holder <div> i have 2 smaller <div>'s that float left and right respctivley. I think that because they are set to float the background image appears in IE but not in Firefox or Netscape, what CSS can i add to either the holding <div> or the two inner <div>'s to make the background image appear in both?

Ive tried all i can think of

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It might not be Firefox that's causing the issue, it may well be that you've coded to make it work properly in IE6 which is not the right way to do it according to Firefox.

Share an URL?

Portucom

Portucom

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply
I worked it out that if i Floated the holding div aswell then it worked a treat in all browsers.

Thanks once again
Pete