Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry

• Please log in to reply

Jaiyen

Jaiyen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I recently got hit by the infamous WINHOUND. I managed to get back my desktop and I think I cleaned most of it out of my machine. However I still have an entry in the HKLM key: HKLM\Software\WinHound.com.\WinHound\WinHound\License. On trying to delete these items I get the "Cannot delete..." message along with "Error while deleing key." The problem seems to be the end item, "License." I have checked the permissions and the License arrived with an owner who has given himself "special permissions" and I am not able to change this or give myself "special permissions" authority. Suggested solutions? I am concerned that this malware may in fact still be alive on my machine and want to get it out of my registry. I have tried to fix this from Safemode, including command line. I am stumped. Help please! Thanks for expert advice. :tazz:

Edited by Jaiyen, 14 December 2005 - 08:28 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum