Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can someone give me a suggestion?

• Please log in to reply

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Can someone please give me a suggestion of a Web Hosting Tool which is Free with no Adds or Pop-Ups?

Or, if you could even suggest me a Web Hosting Tool with a low amount of Adds or Pop-Ups which is Free, then that would be great.

But the Web Hosting Tool has to be Free!

So, can someone give me a suggestion? :tazz:

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
funpic.org is a decent one although you don't get much file space

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
aight.. i'll check that out.. are there any others?

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I thought you said .co.nr was good.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
You can get someone to host you rather than a webhosting company, if it's going to be a smaller site. In this case, your host buys a hosting plan from a webhosting plan, but they have more space than they need so they offer to host others for free.

http://www.pick-me.net/hosts.shtml has a large database of people looking for hostees.

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts

no sure if this was refering to me but I did not direct anyone here. Never checked it out before today lol

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
try freeservers.com

they give you (last i checked) 12mb of space, 256k file size limit, and subdomains* for free, also a easy to use interface.

* ex, one of the possible ones you could choose would be: yoursite.8k.com, or like yoursite.freeservers.com or somthing of the such from one of thier affiliates.

or a place like freewebs.com, 100mb space, but they give you a freewebs.com/yoursite/ domain. but you can use a place like freedomain.co.nr to give you a free "yoursite.co.nr" domain to redirect and mask to your freewebs one. ripway.com is good, 30mb space, 5mb file size limits, but you get very little bandwith, and it will frequently run out.

my advice, find any place to host your htm or php files or whatever, use imageshack.us to host your pictures for free (no account needed), and use freedomain.co.nr for a good domain name to link to your htm's, then use ripway.com to host other misc files.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

.CO.NR is a re-directing tool for web hosting. It's just to change the web link of your site. It is not a Web Hosting tool. It is a great re-directing tool though that I use for my website.

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 22 December 2005 - 04:25 PM.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i use freewebs and then but use on of the redirector sites to direct people there. freewebs let you get to the code which is helpful.

does anyone know of any free web hosting companys that support cgi?

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

i use freewebs and then but use on of the redirector sites to direct people there. freewebs let you get to the code which is helpful.
does anyone know of any free web hosting companys that support cgi?

huh.. ill look into that.

thanx.

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
here is an example of one site that uses freewebs and then uses another site for a framed short url.

http://www.juliannafans.vze.com

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

here is an example of one site that uses freewebs and then uses another site for a framed short url.

http://www.juliannafans.vze.com

thanx