Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp product key

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

everyjules

everyjules

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, I got Xp installed and all the kinks worked out of it...but while installing it and putting in the product key code, it said that key code has exceeded the amount of times it can be used...I borrowed it from a good friend of mine that has loaned it to everyone to install on their computer. Some one told me that I was going to have to go and buy a new copy of it and I just can't afford that...Is there anything I can do? Thanks alot again...Julie

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Ok, I got Xp installed and all the kinks worked out of it...but while installing it and putting in the product key code, it said that key code has exceeded the amount of times it can be used...I borrowed it from a good friend of mine that has loaned it to everyone to install on their computer. Some one told me that I was going to have to go and buy a new copy of it and I just can't afford that...Is there anything I can do? Thanks alot again...Julie

Howdy:

Sorry Julie but that is tantamount to software piracy and is something that is frowned upon here.. For that reason, I am closing this thread..

Also, as you have now admitted to using a pirated operating system, we can no longer provide you with any type of support .. :tazz:

Your only option now is to purchase your own legal copy of XP !!

Murray