Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Much Help :|

• Please log in to reply

loui

loui

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) First of all i wanna say im only 13 and need help to fix this problem.
maybe my english aint so good, so i hope you understand most of the things im saying.

the only spec i know about my computer (amitech) is:

the processor is an
- AMD Athlon™ 64 processor 3200+

graphic card is
- RADEON 9250
- RADEON 9250 - Secondary

Windows:
- It's an Windows xp.

And know to the point.

- my mom brought me this computer a half year ago. And i knew there was something wrong it crashed every time i wanted to play a game. Then i got this tip from a friend to update the driver, i did go to www.atitech.com ( im using aticatalyst i think, im not so good at computer ) and downloaded a driver update for my graphic card. and wow, i coud actually play now.. but then im downloading something and the thing comes up: where do you wanna save this file and bla. bla.. It sometimes crash. it turn into black for some seconds and then it comes back and a pop up window says: VPU recovery has set you graphic card off cause i didnt respond ( something in that style .) If it crash down second time you are online it crash down and you have to restart. I know its a 64 bit computer, but does it mean that i have to use the 65 bit windows? or what it is called.

I hope you understood what i said, and i hope you can help me to fix this, as you it cost a lot of money to have those computer dudes out to make it. :tazz:

thanks anyway.

Loui

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
Your operating system is not the problem. 1. are u sure u dont have a virus? 2. Reinstall your video card drivers

loui

loui

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Your operating system is not the problem. 1. are u sure u dont have a virus? 2. Reinstall your video card drivers

¨
I am 100 % sure i dont have virus i often scan, but the first thing i did then i got my computer was installing a game and play, and it didnt work at that time, but how do you reinstall you graphic card thing?