Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connot open documents

• Please log in to reply

zerubbabel

zerubbabel

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
It is some time back that I was furtunate enough to find this site. At that time my pc was telling me it was "unable to open files for windows 6" Here I was given a solution to the prob. giving access to the locked files. But access to these files did not give me option to edit. So I printed off.

I came back for a solution, (having access, but not able to edit files). This was also given to me. I was grateful.

Guess what? Yes, (and as the Physician said) you have it again.

Using the System Restore facility on my pc, which I have found helpful. (Speeding things up in the main).

Unfortunately using System Restore recently, I happened (unknowingly)to select a date when the documents on this p.c. had the aforementioned, pair of specs, and a large W at the top left had corner. Yes, can read but not edit. All my docs. are now included. Even recent docs. "Systen Restore" cannot "unrestore" the created prob. Restore from another date etc. I have been trying. I have tried to trace the post dealing with this.

OK Ok I hear you! Pay Attention! Take Notes!!! Sorry.

If anyone can understand this!!! And give me some help.

Thank you

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried, file then save as then try editing the saved as file

zerubbabel

zerubbabel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi Keith

Yes, I have. I have tried to locate the post on this site where the solution was given by your good self, which released all my files from this situation.

Regards

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is this the one

http://www.geekstogo...indpost&p=77981

sparkz

sparkz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
if you boot in safe mode u can normally right click files and folders and go into proerties or security and take access of it. ive had to do this before takes ages buts its worth it

zerubbabel

zerubbabel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
You guys are sure busy. I only posted a moment ago wnt down to the pub, and now I am on page 5

HaHa

Thanks for your help

http://support.microsoft.com.uk These folks used to make a charge, but now they don't. Not fully resolved yet, but progress made.

Thanks again Keith

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The link in post 4 was all I could find about Word