Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC-Cillin

• Please log in to reply

Natrone

Natrone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Dell Dimension 4600 2.8GHz Intel P4 512MB RAM and HP Pavilion ze4800 2.12GHz AMD Athlon 2800 512MB RAM. Both computers are running Windows XP SP2, Browser: Mozilla Firefox 1.0. The Dell has an integrated Intel 10/100 ethernet card and a Netgear FA311 PCI adapter 10/100 ethernet card. The HP has a Broadcom 802.11 b/g wireless card and a National Semiconductor PCI adapter 10/100 ethernet card. When I start the HP with either network card enabled and PC-Cillin enabled everything boots fine until I updated PC-Cillin. When I boot the Dell or HP with either network card enabled and PC-Cillin enabled it will hang. The entire computer does not hang only access to PC-Cillin and the LAN. If I try to click on the system tray and go to the connect to menu the system tray will hang. If I go to PC-Cillin in systray or click on the desktop icon it will also hang. During this hanging I can still access other programs, Internet and email. But the systray will freeze. After 3-5 minutes sometimes more I will get the icon notification that my LAN is connected and everything goes back to normal until I reboot. I have uninstalled drivers to the cards and everything works fine when I reboot. Once I reinstall the drivers I am back to the hanging. I have uninstalled PC-Cillin and rebooted and everything works fine until I reinstall PC-Cillin then I am back to square one. I have uninstalled Windows and did a clean install to Day One of the computer. But once I install PC-Cillin I develop the problem. This is all on the Dell only. This problem began on the computers when I installed PC-Cillin and updated it. I also receive an error code 7022 in the WinXP event viewer stating The Trend Micro Real-Time service hung on starting. I disable this feature and the computer still hangs. It will actually hang even worse. I have contacted Trend Micro but their Technical Support is about as worthless as tits on a boar.

Thanks for any assistance.

Advertisements