Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SAFE freeware/s for image viewing?

• Please log in to reply

sira ulo na manyakiss pa

sira ulo na manyakiss pa

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i am currently using XnView, a freeware for viewing images on windows..id like to know if there are other freewares which better than this or recommended..coz right now, xnview is going nuts on my windows and im planning on removing it and using other alternatives if there's any..right now i have no idea of alternatives..

feedbacks would be grately appreciated..thanks in advance..

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Irfanview

http://www.irfanview.com/

Get the plug ins also

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Irfanview is awesome. If you are just viewing pictures and doing minor editing (rotation, red-eye, color correction), take a look at the free Picasa program now provided by Google. It also catalogues all of the pics on your computer and you can use it to quickly search them. I use both Picasa and Irfanview. Here is the link to Picasa:

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

Cheers,
Tom

Try Irfanview

http://www.irfanview.com/

Get the plug ins also

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
keith/qust0208: thanks for the feedbacks..i'm glad to learn about irfanview and piccasa..im kinda having thoughts whcih one of them id go for..im surte i cannot install both of them at a time..but i'll try each one of them and see whcih gives better use/satisfaction..

might i ask again: are these download managers such as GETRIGHT and REGET and FLASHGET safe?? or maybe you can recommend other alternatives which can post no threats to my pc..

thanks again..

tis me on my new username..sorry about that..

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can install both

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

There is no reason against installing both Irfanview and Picasa at the same time. It should not cause any system problems and then you can do a head-to-head comparison to see which you like better.

As for downloading, my first step would be to use Firefox as my web browser. It is a great, free, OS web browser and has plug-ins for most any task and this includes download managers. You can check out firefox at its plugins at:
http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Cheers,
Tom

keith/qust0208: thanks for the feedbacks..i'm glad to learn about irfanview and piccasa..im kinda having thoughts whcih one of them id go for..im surte i cannot install both of them at a time..but i'll try each one of them and see whcih gives better use/satisfaction..

might i ask again: are these download managers such as GETRIGHT and REGET and FLASHGET safe?? or maybe you can recommend other alternatives which can post no threats to my pc..

thanks again..

tis me on my new username..sorry about that..

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
i see..i can install both..but i cannot USE BOTH..

thing is i'm a FIREFOX user and ive been using it for logn time but never knew that it has actually a download manager plug-in..i'll just look for it on firefox website..

i heard in some say that theyre firefox runs fatser than their normal speed coz they tweaked[??] it or made something like a configuration[??] to give it a boost..might i ask if how they actually did it?? my default browser is firefox and i am using a LAN/CABLE internet and my speed range from 160-200+kbps..can you guys give me ideas on how to make my brwoser ran faster??

many thanks in adavance..

Edited by manyakiss, 15 December 2005 - 01:31 AM.

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

I am confused on why you can't use both, but hopefully they will fit your needs. For ease of use, Picasa wins out and looks slick. For pure power, Irfanview is tops.

Cheers,
Tom

i see..i can install both..but i cannot USE BOTH..

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hello,

I am confused on why you can't use both, but hopefully they will fit your needs. For ease of use, Picasa wins out and looks slick. For pure power, Irfanview is tops.

Cheers,
Tom

oh my apologies about that one..what i meant was i cannot use it both opened right?? but i can install them both but/and use one at a time..

is there a way for me to configure firefox??

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

You can have both programs open and running at the same time with no problems. For configuring Firefox, there is a small utility that has become popular called "FireTune" that automates most of the optimization tweaks, you can download it from its homepage below:
http://www.totalidea.../freestuff4.htm

Give it a try and have both programs at the same time to see there are no problems. What worried you about having both programs open at the same time?

Cheers,
Tom

oh my apologies about that one..what i meant was i cannot use it both opened right?? but i can install them both but/and use one at a time..

is there a way for me to configure firefox??

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hello,

You can have both programs open and running at the same time with no problems. For configuring Firefox, there is a small utility that has become popular called "FireTune" that automates most of the optimization tweaks, you can download it from its homepage below:
http://www.totalidea.../freestuff4.htm

Give it a try and have both programs at the same time to see there are no problems. What worried you about having both programs open at the same time?

Cheers,
Tom

hey gust0208 thanks..i was surprised when it took me like a total of -6 secs to open d entire geekstogo forum page when usually it takes around 13+ or even higher before..

i tried to install both and so far no problem..thanks..thing is, picasa loads a biit slow[takes time] while irfan view is fast but when it comes to fast loading still XnView loads best on my slow pc..i kinda like both of them but i realized that XnView is best when it comes to my satisfaction..i just need toi find a way on how to fix my problems with XnView..ever since i installed ZoneAlarm, spybot s&e, microsfot antispy..XnView has stopped functioning properly..do know any way on how i can fix it again??

and i just performed a thorough test scan on my pc just this past hours by following wht was on d start here link and believe me it[ewido] found total of 90 threats while avg has detected 3 trojan.BackDoor.2BC, and ad-aware se found Alexa..i deleted all of thme but still quite unsure if it was really removed totally..i'll be starting a new thread where i'll post all of the results incl. logs and some screenshots of what happened..

Edited by manyakiss, 15 December 2005 - 03:19 PM.

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I don't remember which one I used---sorry.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
if you believe that you have malware on you computer, go to the maleware forum and read this: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

I don't remember which one I used---sorry.

what??????? :tazz:

if you believe that you have malware on you computer, go to the maleware forum and read this: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

man ive already fo0llowed those things and even started a post/thread in the malware removal section..tis been almost 2 or 3 days now but still no pesponse yet..^^