Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help with DVD Burning

• Please log in to reply

Midgetman

Midgetman

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
:tazz: I recently bought a NEC DVD Burner model 3550A, which has a DVD-R recording speed of 16x. Using Nero Burning Rom, I tried to make a data DVD. It went through without any problems and told me that it successfully burned. However, when I opened the DVD in the drive with windows explorer, it came up as empty. I've tried with this with Nero and Deepburner, both with the same problems. I also tried reading it with the actual DVD Burner and a DVD-ROM drive that I have; both think the DVD is empty. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Just before you click burn, click record settings, tick determine write speed

If it helps then you will need to do this each time you burn

Midgetman

Midgetman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for the extremely fast response. I'll try it out now.

EDIT: Yes! It worked! Thanks a lot. You're a life saver!

Edited by Midgetman, 14 December 2005 - 08:53 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know

Midgetman

Midgetman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Well, yeah. You helped me out. The least I could do is tell you that your advice worked. Thanks again. Only wish I had checked the discs after I burned them instead of burning like 8 and then noticing they were empty, thus rendering them useless...