Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Networking my two computers

• Please log in to reply

busyaussiemom

busyaussiemom

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hello

I'm trying to network my Laptop and my PC together.

They were at one time but "mysteriously" came un-networked, my guess is my kids did something...

Anyway, could anyone tell me where to find the basics of networking two computers together???

Many Thanks

Advertisements

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Need a router? / Hub?

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi, here is a site that gives you basics on networking

http://java.sun.com/...networking.html

Hope this is what you were looking for, if it is not, then just post with more detial on what you would like to do.

cool :tazz:

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Hello I'm trying to network my Laptop and my PC together.

Is this wireless or CAT5 ethernet?

They were at one time but "mysteriously" came un-networked, my guess is my kids did something...

How where they previously networked together? What hardware was involved? Router, hub, cabling, switch? What protocols were ran on the network? What OS are on the laptop and PC? Where they part of the workgroup? Set up for peer-to-peer networking? Grabbing files off of both systems. A lot more information would help here.

Anyway, could anyone tell me where to find the basics of networking two computers together???

Gosh thats a very broad topic. You sound like a Bellsouth customer. Are you a Bellsouth customer? :) Bellsouth customers are very intelligent. :tazz:

Edited by Irongeek, 15 December 2005 - 12:24 PM.