Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

some things i need to learn/clarify clearly..about hjt and removal pro

• Please log in to reply

manyakiss

manyakiss

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
im not sure whther this is the right sectionwhere i should post this..but anyways

i need to have basic knowledge/total understanding about this before i proceed to step 1 and others to follows..about this http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Preparation

Clean temporary files Download CleanUp and install the program.

Running CleanUp

* Start CleanUp
* Click on the CleanUp button. This will take a short while, let it do its thing.
* When asked to reboot system select Yes
* Close CleanUp

---i just read from the cleanup! site about what this does:

# Please make a backup of your hard disk before running CleanUp! for the first time.
While every attempt has been made to ensure that CleanUp! is bug-free, due to the number of different hardware and software configurations around today, it is impossible to guarantee that it will perform error-free on your particular system. As a result, it is strongly recommended that you make a backup of all important files before running CleanUp! for the first time, or before trying an upgraded version of CleanUp!.
# If you have never before used CleanUp!, then please take the time to read the "Introduction to CleanUp!" section of the Help file. This describes in detail what files and settings are "cleaned" when you run CleanUp!. Be sure that nothing here conflicts with your use of your computer.
For example, CleanUp! attempts to delete files from various temporary directories (including download directories/caches), as well as emptying the Recycle Bins. If you make a habit of saving files that you wish to keep in any of these places, then note that they will be deleted when CleanUp! is run. Note that it is generally considered poor practice to use temporary folders or the Recycle Bin to store files you intend to keep.

can anyone please clearly clarify to me on how to handle cleanup before i thouroughly proceed with the preparation?? and also as for now since i'm totally new to dealing with removals/protection, i have no idea on how to actually BACKUP my registries/files..etc.

Image If you have anything disabled by MSConfig or any other startup manager, please re-enable them before running any scans, or posting a Hijack This log.

howe do i do this??

your feedbacks would be graetly appreciated. thanks for d time n reading..many thanks in advance..

rubbz

Edited by manyakiss, 15 December 2005 - 06:27 AM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Cleanup is a safe tool, thats why we recommend it. As with anything for legal implications, they recommend you back up your files and so on. Basically what cleanup does is empty your temp folders and any temp files on your computer. Following the directions given in that thread will keep you safe when using it.

As for the part about msconfig, if you dont know what it is, then you dont need to worry about it.

Also, I am moving this thread to Off Topic since it is not a Comment or Suggestion about the site.

ScHwErV :tazz:

manyakiss

manyakiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Cleanup is a safe tool, thats why we recommend it. As with anything for legal implications, they recommend you back up your files and so on. Basically what cleanup does is empty your temp folders and any temp files on your computer. Following the directions given in that thread will keep you safe when using it.

As for the part about msconfig, if you dont know what it is, then you dont need to worry about it.

Also, I am moving this thread to Off Topic since it is not a Comment or Suggestion about the site.

ScHwErV :tazz:

thanks for the feedback ScHwErV..so what about those other options or settings, what do they do..as for now i havent found any detailed infos about those and those other tabs on options..im curious what does fully erase files[WIPECLEAN] do??

as for now, im not really sure on how to backup all my imortant registry files..how do i really back them up..only thing i know to back it up so far is thru instalation/use of Spybot S&D..are there other progs ideal to be used when backing up the registry just in case some damages might occur caused by some malwares/viruses??

and thanks for moving this thread to where its supposed to be..