Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP cannot write pagefile

• Please log in to reply

shlammed

shlammed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Things of note:

- e: drive has full permissions for administrators, 'system', local admin, and everyone
- e: drive is 2GB is size, but I only set a static size of 1536 MB.
- if I create a 0-byte pagefile.sys, it is deleted upon reboot
- upon logging in, I get a msg that no swapfile could be written
- I've used this Microsoft Knowledge Base article as reference: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;315270
- I've deleted my swap partition, and re-created it in windows xp and still see this problem
- drive e: is a partition on the same disk as drive c:
- I tried making this swapfile on drive d: (separate hard disk) but it experienced the same problem
- I've since set a swap file on drive c: (50mb) anda e: (1.5 gb) but it doesn't make a difference, it still wont create the pagefile.sys file on any drive.
- I've added 'system' to the group policy for which users can create/modify pagefiles... no help.

Any help?

Advertisements