Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sofware Removal problem!

• Please log in to reply

clib733

clib733

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I recently installed a video game but one of its key files was corrupted. so I tried to uninstall it but the uninstall file was also corupted. now a have half a game installed on my computer and I cant uninstall it with the uninstall. even if i try to reinstall it or repair install it, the same thing happens. anyone have any ideas? <_<

Edited by clib733, 06 April 2004 - 07:48 PM.

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Go to the game folder by browsing through C:, or if you can't find it, search for the name of the folder. The folder will be the name of the game, or the company who made it. When you find it, delete the folder(s).

clib733

clib733

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
If I do this it does delete the data, but the game is not removed from the add/remove programs list. is it in the registry and needs to be deleted? If so how do i do this?

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Just try to uninstall it from the control panel. It will say there has been an error and asks you if you want to remove the game from the add/remove programs list.

clib733

clib733

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
i have, but it says the uninstall.isu file is invalid unistallation will not continue.

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Okay, now problem <_<. Just download TweakUI from Microsoft. It has the option to let you remove items from the add/remove programs list.

http://www.microsoft...s/powertoys.asp

clib733

clib733

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Now that i have the program what do i do?

clib733

clib733

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
anyone know how it works?