Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojans mitglieder.q,bloodhound.beagle, W32.Beagle.CQ.mm,Fantibag.A an

• Please log in to reply

caprig

caprig

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Before I go posting a hijack this log, I wanted to let you know what the problem was and ask what I can do first to reduce the clutter.

I managed to get access to the installation features again (something disabled it) and I have disabled the RESTORE feature of XP. One of these horrible things was using it to reinstall itself.

I am working on this for a friend and I have to use dial up service at her house which is horrible at best. :woot:

I have DSL at my house and now that I have the installation ability reinstated, I might take this to my house to make communication a lot easier and faster for me.

Okay, so is there anything I can do before I post a HJ log? :)

Currently she is running Norton AV 2005 which I can de-install if another would be better to use for this. Her subscription is almost out anyway. :)

Is there any specific program you would recommend I use before I post a log? About 30 files or so left that are infected last time I looked (which I know does not mean a whole lot as these things replicate)

So, I will await your input.
:tazz:
Thanks!
(see title for list of trojans/worms)

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go caprig.

Please run the programs that are listed here? After doing so, please post a HijackThis log in this thread.

Once the log is posted, I'll begin working on it, as soon as another staff member reviews it I'll post a reply. :tazz:

-Ryan

caprig

caprig

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Ryan,
Unfortunately, I am working with this problem on my friend's computer.

So, I will not be able to return there until January.

However, I went through a ton of Norton scans and managed to clean out the entire system, which worked fine until yesterday (when she called me to report a small problem which could be either remnants or reinfection)

At the time that I posted this problem, the installation abilities were completely disabled, so any programs that were not already installed were not able to be installed. I could not install hijack this or any other program that was not already on her computer.

Adaware was the only one that would run at all, Spybot was disabled, as was Norton.

So, I was dealing with a very difficult situation, but managed to clean it all out using online norton.

Now, when I do return to their house once again, how can I run all of these other programs in addition to Adaware, Spybot, Hijack and Norton?

I could remove Norton, I know that, but can you run all of those programs you recommended without conflicts?

Well, if you are still hanging with me after January 1st, I will be back!

Thanks- and I know that you guys have lives so I am never impatient, I am just limited in the time that I have at my friend's computer so I have to have replies within a certain amount of time in order to apply things to their computer while I am there at their house.

Hope that makes sense.

:tazz:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
ok. When you get back to your friend's, try to at least get HiJack This running. There is nothing to install, so I wouldn't think that there would be a problem.

In the meantime, have a safe and happy holidays.

-Ryan

caprig

caprig

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay, sounds good to me!