Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best antivirus/firewall/adware blocker?

• Please log in to reply

scf2510

scf2510

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
I am looking for a good antivirus. My parents have the Shield 2005 and I have access to it but I don't know how good the program is. Anyone know of anything better to run? I have Nortons Internet Security 2005 now (free til January). Not liking Nortons too much because it will not let one of my games to play. I get an error message everytime, even after I told Nortons to allow the program to do whatever it wants. Anyway if anyone could give me some ideas about what is a good program to use will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Avast is infinitely better than norton and its free, for spyware i use adaware i think its the best spyware remover ive seen and i use spybot S&D as well.

links should be in my sig.

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I would say AVG is the best, if you have multiple users on at once, it has scanning problems, though. Otherwise it is defveloped professionaly and picked up 3 entire viruses that Norton ignored.