Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Stuttering

• Please log in to reply

JohnnyWeedSeed

JohnnyWeedSeed

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I couldn't find this anywhere on the forums so I hope it hasn't been asked before. I recently picked up Call of Duty 2 and the game was running fine until I got to the second level ( far I know). When I turned a corner in the department store the game started lagging, stuttering and generally horrendous slow down. The weird thing is it wasn't a large firefight it was just looking in one direction that did this and once I turned away it stopped the slow down. This occurs on several maps where there will be little happening and by merely looking toward a part in the map slow down occurs at a massive scale. I first figured it was just my specs so I lowered the graphics setting a lot (as low as it can go) and it doesn't stop the problem, I also just updated my video drivers. Suggestions?

My Specs:
Processor: Pentinum 4 3ghz
Ram: 1 gb
Video card: Ati Radeon 9800 pro 128ram
Sound Card: SB Audigy Audio C800

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
lowering the graphics should of done it.

Depends what settings you lowered. Put texture filter to bilinear, anti aliasing to off, dynamic lights to low or off, number of corpses to tiny/small, and in texture settings everything should be set to automatic.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
if that still doesnt work, try downloading the latest ati video card drivers.

JohnnyWeedSeed

JohnnyWeedSeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just got back from my final, and it was the texture settings, apparently I had them on manual. Thanks it works great now. :tazz:

JohnnyWeedSeed

JohnnyWeedSeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Whoop hit post twice

Edited by JohnnyWeedSeed, 15 December 2005 - 10:16 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Hey JohnnyWeedSeed, your welcome no problem at all. I knew it was your video settings. :tazz: