Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no power to gateway laptop

• Please log in to reply

Calli

Calli

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my gateway laptop will not power on. new adapter. where adapter plugs in computer - sometime will show power - most of the time no. Was able to move it around and would come on for a second - not long enough to charge battery. Is it the power supply inside the computer? how hard to replace?
Thank you

Advertisements

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
I've got a Gateway laptop and on a few occasions have seen the light orange LED on the front which means it's running on batteries or charging despite the fact that its plugged into the power supply. I suspect that it's a bad conection where you plug the power supply into the laptop. This is yet another reason why I tell my clients to only buy a laptop if they absolutely have to have it.

I would send Gateway an email and ask them what they recomend and how much will it cost.....

I'm assuming that you only have an external power supply. I was reading awhile back about another brand that also had an internal power supply. I would email Gateway on this one.....