Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Abrupt Shut Down

• Please log in to reply

mcrammy

mcrammy

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi! I've been dealing with this issue for the past, oh couple of months...but now it's just too much. I'll be surfing and all of a sudden my browser halts and an error message is displayed, as shown..
I have all the latest updates, but they do not seem to remedy the problem...any suggestions? Thank you in advance :tazz:

Posted Image

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Try repairing IE http://www.geekstogo...er-60-t251.html

Also, have you scanned for any malware on your computer?

mcrammy

mcrammy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
yea, I tried that link already...still happens tho not as frequently.
absolutely no malware on the pc...just cleaned it yesterday...its squeeky clean...
we shall see.

Irongeek

Irongeek

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hi mcrammy we need rather (I) the technical information you left out. See the blue link? Thats say's "click here? Click on that. It will tell you what .dll file is corrupted as well as what caused it to function in that manner. Find the corrupted .dll (dynamic link library file)then post reply.

Did you check the event viewer?

hm.. IE is filled with bugs. Have you tried alternative browsers such as firefox or opera?

Also, try cleaning out your internet cache and cookies.

Thats not resolving issue! Switching web browsers in a 'temporary fix' which will not resolve the issue. FYI Internet explorer is more secure than Opera and firefox!

Edited by Irongeek, 16 December 2005 - 01:36 PM.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hm.. IE is filled with bugs. Have you tried alternative browsers such as firefox or opera?

Also, try cleaning out your internet cache and cookies.