Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moderation

• Please log in to reply

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Is there a way to become a moderator?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Are you an emortal being with the power of long range telepathy?

STV0726

STV0726

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
That was a serious question--your answer...I"m not sure. I;ll take it a no. :tazz:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
I'm not sure how the Admininstrators choose the moderators for the technical forums, but I'm pretty sure you have to be a trusted tech first. They probably ask specific people that they have in mind for the position if they would be interested.
The last time they were looking for an Off Topic Mod, they put out an announcement. I do remember that if you were interested, prior moderating experience was a plus.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We don't *only* look to current staff members to become Mods. For certain areas of the boards, yes...we need someone who is a Trusted Tech or Trusted Helper. However, for areas like the Web Design, Off Topic and so on....we generally will ask someone to become a Mod if they have shown us that they are reliable, friendly and can interact well with the members of the site. Just post in the areas you're most comfortable in, and offer help/advice where you can. You'll get noticed if you do a good job. :tazz:

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Thanks for coming in and explaining it more Kat...I was just in chat (I can finally get in since I"m back at my house) and was looking for you to see if you could stop by this thread, but I didn't see you there.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I'm there off and on. I was spending FAR too much time there, so I backed off a little. :tazz:

You can still always reach me fairly quickly via pm here if you need me, or on aim or yahoo :)

STV0726

STV0726

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thanks. I will begin work right away. I actually have my own forum, and you can access it at my site. (Not posting URL in case that breaks rules.)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're allowed to post a text link to your site in your signature. No clickable graphics are allowed, though. :tazz:

*Edit...you can post the link as long as your site meets the "family friendly" qualification. :)