Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with router setup.

• Please log in to reply

jfac01

jfac01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I'm trying to setup my Linksy Wireless Router (model no: WRT54G v4). Right now I have Adelphia Powerlink cable service.

When I first tried to set it up I connected all the wires properly. When I got towards the end of the setup it asks for you to press the one touch setup button to detect your network settings and what not. Everytime you press it, it flashes momentarily then starts flashing all over again. I then entered all the settings manually and it moves on to the next step where it tries to connect to the internet and it just freezes the whole installation program.

I gave up with it at the time. I tried again recently and now I can't even get that far. The internet works fine but just doesn't seem to want to work with the router. When it tries to connect to the internet for the first time I get the message attached below.

I tried resetting the router and the modem. No luck. I even tried hooking up an older router. (WRT54G v3.) and get the same error. I have hooked up this same router before and it worked fine.

I'm at loss what to do now. I'm postive everything is connected right. It's becoming slightly frustrating though.

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :tazz:

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

Edited by jfac01, 15 December 2005 - 06:43 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I would restore the router to factory default settings (see the documentation from Linksys for how to do that) and then start over.