Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Uninstall list error

• Please log in to reply

nic767

nic767

• Pip
  • 2 posts
In my Add/Remove Programs list there's about 10 copies of Norton Internet Security and 2 Copies of Norton Anti-Spam, in addiition to a Symantec and Symantec Network Drivers Update icon.I've tried many methods of cleaning them up, but to no avail.

When I use CCleaner, it fixes all the "Issues" but when I try to delete the entry, it comes up with the error message "Cannot delete MSI installer." I've looked through the uninstall section of the Registry to no avail also.

Any help is ppreciated.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
I posted a reply to your HijackThis log. I see some dead entries there for Symantec, so hopefully that will clean up the mess.

If there are no problems (error messages) at startup regarding Symantec missing files, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just go into HijackThis->Config->Misc Tools->Open Uninstall Manager. Look for those Symantec entries you want to remove and click on them once. Then hit the Delete this entry button in HijackThis. Do this for all those redundant/extra entries...