Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Directx Problem? "Failed to create UA Control"

• Please log in to reply

Saurik

Saurik

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

Certain gaming sites have recently become inaccessible to me, prompting the error message "Failed to create UA Control."
Tech for one of the sites suggested (after seeing results of a DXDIAG scan) that I download Directx 9.0.

When I try to do this, I get the error message at installation "a cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted."

I've had trouble with other Windows updates, as well.

So, basically, I guess I need to start by figuring out:
Will Directx solve the UA Control problem and allow me to access these sites?
If not, what will?
If so, is the problem downloading Directx related to the problem(s) with downloading other Windows updates?

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks much.

postscript: I've done some troubleshooting at MS site, and would really like to follow their advice for ME users to remove and re-install ActiveX controls, but fear that I will encounter the same problems with the updates and then be in even bigger trouble.

Edited by Saurik, 15 December 2005 - 11:53 PM.

Advertisements