Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The Best Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

onefry

onefry

• Pip
  • 3 posts
right after searching the forums to see if there was a thread like this i found one at the bottom of the post after i posted this lol but still ....... read on LoL

Hey everybody...I'm new over here but not to computers :tazz: been addicted to them since '96 and got real good at building em up but i guess this would be an opinion...I think the best Antivirus is AntiVir...it's picked up on stuff all the other ones dont...other people have avg that tried antivir and said that it also got some stuff avg didnt..what ya guys think?

Edited by onefry, 16 December 2005 - 01:03 AM.

Advertisements

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Interesting. I use AVG because statistics took show that it picked up 3 viruses Norton didn't. You must think norton is the worst. :tazz: It is almost malicious when it goes out of date or you try to unistall it.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
AntiVir, Avast, and AVG are all free antivirus closely tied. There's no clear distinction on which is the best, but all of them have their ups and downs.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They are all pretty similar, i prefer avast because its got a more professional look and more in the way of features compared to the other two, it is a bit slow to scan in windows but that can be offset by doing boot time scans and using screensaver idle scanning.

onefry

onefry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
what about one that u buy? since all three are about the same...which is the best antivirus to buy?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Nod 32 or kapersky are the best some features are better on either on so its really a joint first place, NOD32 is my preference has a very good reputation. Then after them it is the free ones, kapersky and nod32 can be overkill for most folks, most of the paid ones though arent a patch on some of the free ones, Norton is notoriously bad for example but it is one of the most popular.

pags2k7

pags2k7

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have NOD 32, I think it is the best one!! it has deleted all the virus in my machine

onefry

onefry

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i got a huge problem hehe :) i just finally got Xp 64 on the rig and antivir wont work on a "server" so meaning I need to change up my antivirus...so do those other ones work on a 64 bit os? nevermind lol answering my own questions :) will download and install asap seems really powerful...Overkill? when ur dealing with virus's, malware, etc hmmmmm LoL :tazz:

Edited by onefry, 18 December 2005 - 09:38 PM.