But why would it be defective if it is still operational in Some games? yet, the 'Black screen' problem occurs in others.
Games that i found was effected:
HL2 Single Player
Battle For middle Earth
Games that i found, uneffected:
Counter Strike Source
Counter Strike 1.6
My question is, Why is it doing it only to a few, yet not all? Note, on CS:S i'm happily enjoying FPS of up too 90.
The things i've done to see if i've could solve this.
* The Extra Power Plug at the back of the card IS plugged in
* I've made sure that overheating simply Isn't an issue to this
* This Problem happends to all my games, but strangly not to: 1.6 and CS:S.
* Updated the drivers
* Downgraded all my graphics on all games to lowest settings (had no effect? I didn't think this would do anything )
* Updated my Mobo BIOS
* Updated my Chipset Drivers
* Cleaned the Fan
* Upgraded my PSU (230 to 350w)
* vsync off
* other graphic options (aliging etc) off or applicational choice.
* Attempted the 67.66 Drivers, 71.80 Drivers (both no effect)
http://forums.nvidia...?showtopic=1652 <-- This is my Starting problem..
I hope most of you understand what i'm trying to explain, and i hope.. if you guys could give me direction. I dont want to give up on this card and send it back, hence wait 2-3 weeks for a return. or even having to choose another.
My Computer specs:
AMD Althon XP 1800+
XFX Geforce 6600GT AGP 128mb
Hiper 350w Power Supply
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Motherboard BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 6.00 PG
Chipset: VIA Technologies Inc VT8375 ProSavageDDR