Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Voice recognition software

• Please log in to reply

sammgo

sammgo

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
hi all,

my sister is in university and does a lot of reports. i wanted to get her a program that types as she talks. I'm really confused about this, does office or windows already have something like this in place or do i have to go buy something? Any suggustions on programs?

thanks a lot

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if you have office 2003 then it does come with a speach recognition package (though...i've never used it and do not know how well it works)....i have use dragon naturally speaking before...and it worked well (even picked up my mom's cajun accent 90% of the time)

sammgo

sammgo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Thanks :tazz: I've seen that naturally speaking, maybe I will try it out.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year to all

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Dragon naturally speaking software is by far the superior product to the speech recognition software which comes with office 2003.

I am dictating this with Dragon NaturallySpeaking so you can see how well it performs.

And so that you can see that with the correct training it will pick up everything you say accurately, I will post this message without editing any mistakes which it produces